I've been tagged by Christella at Meandering Moody Memories to list 10 things that make me happy. I recently discovered her blog - she is an extraordinary woman who writes about her life that has been filled with such rich experiences- she is well worth checking out!
I'm finding it difficult to limit myself to only 10 things, as these days I am incredibly blessed and content with a wonderful life...I'm not rich with material things, but am a gazillionaire when it comes to the things that I count as important! Finding the world of blogging has to be added to my list somewhere, even if it makes my list longer than 10...although I've only been at it a short time, my life has been so enriched by those that I have "met"...sharing and encouraging, laughing and crying...good days and not-so-good days...it's wonderful to share my life with you, and thank you for sharing yours with me!
So here goes:1. Sitting on my back steps with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning, watching the sky wake up!
2. Playing with my watercolors...and watching something come into existence that was previously only held within my mind....
3. Splashing in rain puddles...I love the fact that part of me is still a little kid...and that I have had plenty of puddles to splash in lately!
4. Long, hot showers...This is where I do my best thinking....
5. Working with children and young people...they always teach me so much more than I teach them!
6. Travel - I'd be hard-pressed to choose which makes me happier - the planning and researching a trip, or actually taking the trip...there is so much out there in the world that excites me and that I want to experience...to see the sights, smell the smells, taste the tastes, hear the different languages...right now, I'm planning a trip to Italy next July with my dear sister...her first trip abroad....we've already purchased our tickets to hear Andrea Bocelli in Tuscany! I hear Paris calling me....maybe I can squeeze in a few days in my favorite city along the way!
7. My daughter and her family......I could go on and on about this....
8. Good food, good wine and good friends are a combination that fills my cup!
9. The ocean...the smell of the air, the feel of the sand and the sound of the waves....never fails to make me smile!
10. School....I am one of the few people that I know who has had the opportunity to be living their dream! I rather expect that I will be taking classes for as long as I am able...whether or not they lead to a degree....I love to learn!t ing
6. Meandering Moody Memories