Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lessons Learned Today

Today has not been the best of days.....but not the worst, either. Part of it had to do with having to learn (again) that a 57 year old body encases my 20-something year old mind. The bathroom floor demolition project yesterday took its toll. I ache all over, but especially in my shoulders and neck. On top of that, I think I'm sick. Woke up at 6, got up, fed the dog and played ball with him....felt awful....nauseous and massive headache. Went back to bed....back up at 9 - no better. Did some reading for school and fell back to sleep. Woke up at 2:30.....shocked and amazed! Still not feeling too great, and think it might have something to do with smoky air from all of the fires. Doesn't matter what's causing it-it's just not fun.

The good part - Once again, I am reminded that my body has entered a stage that does not equate with my mind. I'm learning that I can still do what I want, but that I probably can't do it all at the same time.

The great part- I wouldn't want to go back to the 20-something (or even 30 or 40-something) mindset that I had to go along with the body! It's a good trade off....I just have to get used to it!

For now, I'll be happy if I finish the bathroom floor and everything else in there by Christmas....one bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment