Dear Me -
There is so much that I want to tell you about this wonderful journey that you are undertaking. You will have many obstacles to overcome and choices to make. And even though at times it will feel as if you are stuck in a cycle of hopelessness and despair, it will all come out right in the end. Those challenges will become the brick and mortar that form the foundation for the woman you are to become.
You are courageous, although you don't know it yet. You have an inner drive that seeks answers and compels you to act upon your curiosity. You will learn to let go of your fears in order to live your life authentically - it will be a long process, and you will learn so many valuable lessons along the way!
Please remember these important words:
- You are both loving AND lovable
- Hook up with God or a Higher Power sooner rather than later
- Other people's opinions about you are not fact
- Feelings are not facts, but acknowledge and learn from those feelings
- Follow your passion
- Find out who YOU are, and stay true to yourself
- Take risks - don't opt for safety over opportunity
- Laugh often and find the humor that lives within most situations
- Nothing lasts forever, whether it be good or bad
- Life is short; find something that brings you joy in each day that you are given
- Don't allow fear to dictate your choices
- You will never "arrive" - life is a journey and ever-changing
- Play more - even when you are an adult!
Chocolate Covered Daydreams is a fellow blogger with a wonderful sense of humor and a down to earth attitude toward life in general. Not only does she make me laugh, she also makes me think. She's having a giveaway for a Wii Fit Plus that ends on December 14th. Rules: Answer the following question--- If you could write a letter to your younger self, giving advice for the future, what would you say?