Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Best of All Worlds....



Today was a great day....I had to study for a BIG math exam in statistics and geometry....and I did it OUTSIDE...lying on a chaise...feeling the sun's rays on my back and shoulders...yes, I did put on sunscreen, but lying in the sun just feels so good to me...the soft breeze cooling me off...focusing on formulas and proofs....and then I realized that I was at almost eye-level with my grass lawn....WOW!  There is a whole other world going on down there....have you ever taken the time to look?  It was amazing....my journey began with noticing a ladybug perched on a blade of grass...my eyes traveled downward along the blade....and found a world that I had never realized existed....the ladybug was a GIANT compared to the other lawn inhabitants that I observed...some were as small as pencil dots...all scurrying along with their own agenda...the sunlight caught the glimmer of a tiny spider web strung along individual leaves of grass...some insects were black, and others almost translucent...I'm going to have to buy a magnifying glass...it was hard to turn my attention form the world beneath me to the required studying....but I did...and once the exam is over, I'm planning to go back to inspect the world beneath my feet...JUST AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like seeing things through nature's eyes. Great idea to study outdoors. It beats being cooped up in the house, at a desk or table. Good luck on your math exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a whole microscopic world to amaze us. I used to hike with a woman who brought along a high intensity magnifying glass so she could study lichens and small, as well as large beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, there is a whole other world beneath our feet! Great buggy picture girl.

    God bless and have just a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete