Monday, September 7, 2009

We Only Get to Go Around Once...

...and I'm enjoying the ride!

My sis is arriving next Saturday morning from the San Juans. She needs and deserves a break. I couldn't put up with, or even begin to do, her job. She's an extraordinary woman. Actually, we're both extraordinary women!

This is the first time she's been to see me since Mom passed away last year. I could not have gotten through that time without her. She was always available to me on the phone as I was struggling to make good decisions about Mom's care. And when the going got too tough, she got on a plane and came down to be with me in person. And told me what a good job I was doing. And believed in me and supported me. And we supported each other at the end, when Mom was in the hospital under hospice care. It was an incredible experience, and there is no one else on this earth that I would have rather shared it with.

That's what my sis and I do. We are there for each other in the good and not so good times. We can count on each other....maybe not to say or do the things that the other wants to hear or to be done, but to say and do what is right, true and best for each other. Aren't I just so blessed to have her in my life? It wasn't always this way, which makes me cherish our relationship even more.

She's only staying until Wednesday morning. But she wants to do everything. Here's what's on her list so far:

Pedicures - this is our tradition.....we always get pedicures when we're together!
Visit Mom and Dad at the cemetery
Visit friend in Santa Barbara
Go to the beach
Eat grilled fish tacos at Baja Fresh

Attend PBS taping of David Foster and Andrea Bocelli's Christmas special at the Kodak Theatre Tuesday night- getting dressed up and wearing makeup...whoo hoo! Fancy dinner beforehand.....have to figure out where....

I can't wait to see her! Now, if I can just figure out how to not go to my classes on Monday and Tuesday......

No comments:

Post a Comment