Sunday, September 27, 2009

Who's In Charge?

I went to San Diego this weekend to see the house that my daughter and son in law are buying. It has so much potential - and I'm certain that Elizabeth, with her eye for color and design - and David, who is willing to do-it-yourself, will make it into a showplace over time. I'm so excited for them!

My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter Emma has a BIG personality.....and very definite ideas about how things should be. When I arrived, she had our activities all planned out....first we played Ring Around the Rosie, then "Folding", then Hide & Seek. Afterward, we went outside for a little tricycle riding......the next morning, she declared it was time for our reading party. We set up her tent in the living room, collected books, popped popcorn and settled in the tent for a reading session. (She reads her books to me.....and the stories are subject to her imagination)!

We went to see the new house in the afternoon, and Emma declared that when I came to visit, I would be sleeping in her room - NOT the guest room! Afterward, we went to the park for a little play session, and were informed that all the girls would be going down the slide TOGETHER! We dutifully lined up - Elizabeth holding Ashlyn and Emma, with me bringing up the rear.......it worked, and was great fun!

On the way home, David and Elizabeth were discussing what to cook for dinner. Emma declared that we should have burritos from her favorite place...guess what we had for dinner?

I just hated every minute of it.......:-)

3 comments:

  1. haha, yeah right! Somehow I don´t quite believe you....
    Sounds like you´re pretty proud of that little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the little party planner that Emma! OMGosh she is a doll. Needless to say ya'll had a great weekend. I got to see my 10wk old grandson this weekend. Aren't we a couple of blessed chicks?

    Have a great day full of blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete